SW PT VISION
VISUM is a complex, flexible software system for transport planning, traffic demand modeling and network data management.
VISUM is used in urban, regional, national and national planning. It is designed for multimodal analysis, VISUM integrates all major transport modes (ie cars, passengers, trucks, buses, trains, motorcycles, cyclists and pedestrians) into one consistent network model.
The functional scope of VISUM covers the entire spectrum of workflows in transport planning. From modeling transport networks to transport demand to analyzing forecasted transport flows of individual transport. Designed for multimodal and intermodal analysis, VISUM integrates all transport modes into one consistent network model.
You can choose your subject of interest:
- individual transport with vehicle classification.
- Integrated transport network design including public transport, cyclists and pedestrians..
- Logistics networks including road, rail, water or air transport with intermodal interconnection.
VISUM provides many computational procedures for the calculation of transport demand and the allocation of traffic load and contains special calculations for public transport.
VISUM is a computer program operating in MS Windows, allowing users to program their own applications using Visual Basic or a programming language of their choice.
VISUM is used to build conventional four-level models for regional and national planning, but it is also used as a powerful data management analytics tool for traffic engineers and operators. Unique advantage is detailed planning of public transport with data model of routes and timetables. The software is also available in a 64-bit version, so you can edit larger networks and models more efficiently by using more memory.
Advantages of VISUM at a glance:
- Multimodal traffic planning with all relevant traffic data
- All data is on one transport network
- Unified system for strategic and operative planning
- User-defined time analysis period (rush hour, traffic control, interval of public transport etc.)
- Close connection with VISSIM simulation software
After calculating the traffic load, many analyzes can be performed, e.g.
- Display of traffic load on the lines (communication profile), public transport intersections, public transport stops
- Differential load of two states
- Analysis of traffic load at the junction, traffic hub, and traffic zone
- Isochrons of time availability
- Selecting routes (by length, time, resistance…)
- Traffic performance statistics
- You can create a submodel of a detailed territory